10 technology entrepreneurs present to the public at first graduation day event
Spokane, WA — November 24, 2015 — Ignite Northwest, a regional business accelerator, has graduated its first class of 10 technology companies. After completing a 13-week program taught by 34 volunteer regional leaders in business planning, marketing, legal, intellectual property and more, the class presented to investors on Demo Day last Tuesday, November 17th.
Ignite Northwest helps second-stage companies across the Inland Northwest build stronger business models and prepare for future growth. The organization launched in May 2015 and worked with its inaugural class this fall.
“It’s wonderful to see our first class of entrepreneurs graduate as stronger businesses prepared for the next stage of growth, but it’s particularly rewarding to see many of these businesses take steps toward connecting with investors under our network of mentors,” says Bill Savitz, Ignite Northwest’s President and CEO. “We’re excited to play a role in further developing an entrepreneurial ecosystem in our region.”
The graduates now join Ignite Northwest’s collaborative network of mentors and their success will be tracked and reported.
“As an entrepreneur it’s important to think deeply about your innovation. I didn’t do that enough before coming to the accelerator,” recalls David Vachon, president and owner of Iasis Molecular Sciences. “The class gave me a great deal of insight, and it’s not just the class, it’s the people, the network, and the discussions that really facilitated me to think more deeply about not only the innovation, but how to get this funded, to bring this to market and make it a reality.”
In spite of the devastating windstorm on November 17th, over 100 community members attended Demo Day to meet the inaugural class.
Amid the success of its inaugural class, Ignite Northwest continues to see enrollment interest for future classes. Applications are open for the next class during Spring 2016 from now until January 24.
The first full graduating class included:
• Dragon Jacket is an innovator of commercial insulation products, which provide unmatched durability and reusability along with ease of installation.
• Electrijet Flight Systems mission is “energy anytime anywhere”, working to make sustainable energy available whenever it is needed – night or day, wherever it is required – at home, at work, on the road or in the air, designing and producing advanced energy storage systems for use in residential, transportation, and aerospace.
• HarvestScape develops and implements innovative product-oriented solutions for the growing, processing and distribution of good sustainable foods.
• Iasis Molecular Sciences is a life sciences company delivering innovative solutions that address microbial contamination of medical, industrial and consumer goods.
• Bondgy, whose product ICLovedOnes is a device that provides two-way video chat with your loved ones and the delivery of medications from anywhere in the world using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
• InstantMD provides quality medical care to workers via a telemedicine camera at the workplace.
• intelliPaper’s intelligent paper solves the problem of connecting your physical world with your digital world, by embedding a computer in business cards that connect to your laptop, tablet and smart phone.
• Obloco is a financial technology services company bringing innovative receipt capture solutions to credit unions and banks.
• Reliant Lifeworks is a Spokane-based progressive specialty pharmacy and a health and wellness clinic providing preventative health care services and custom compound medications for the entire family.
• Rush-On is the ultimate adventure Internet marketplace and one stop shop for the thrill of a lifetime or the next everyday adventure.
About Ignite Northwest
Ignite Northwest is a technology-focused business accelerator helping companies in the Pacific Northwest grow to create sustained economic impact for the region. The organization focuses on developing second-stage companies in bioscience, aerospace and technology with established marketplace viability. Ignite Northwest clients undergo a series of classes to help them generate strong business plans and prepare for the next level of growth. Ignite Northwest is located in Spokane, WA and reviews applicant companies from across the Pacific Northwest. If you have questions about the program please contact Jayson Cannon at jaysonc(at)ignitenorthwest.com.